Saturday, February 11, 2012

Uptown Girls and One Guy

The family spent all day Saturday in Uptown Charlotte. You see, we had some free hotel nights that had to be used by the 20th of this month. Since it's still a little hard to travel with Clara, we decided to do a staycation of sorts and get a hotel room in the middle of uptown. It was such a nice change from the burbs; the best part being that we got to walk everywhere we went. Go figure that this was the ONE cold day in Charlotte.....it was freezing cold walking around....but brisk and refreshing at the same time. This morning I took Sophie to the children's symphony. It was delightful and reminded me how much I love seeing a symphony. Alain and I are now making plans to see the adult version soon (yippee!). The four of us had lunch together and then headed to Family Day at the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art. Since I'm not a huge fan of modern art, I had reservations about the museum. I was stupid. The space is really great and I actually found many pieces that I loved. We met two of Soph's friends there and they all had fun doing the scheduled kids' activities. Then the entire family ate dinner together at Basil. Yum yum. A lovely day indeed. Here are some of my favorite shots...


INTEGRITY by Hoss Haley


Cute little taxi sign


Nothing says "city" to me like a row of TownCars


Peek-a-boo Baby


Scavenger Hunting at the Bechtler


Sleeping through the art museum


Niki de Saint Phalle sculpture on the terrace


A different view


A facial close-up


Niki de Saint Phalle's Firebird


Barbara Hepworth's Garden Sculpture


Sol LeWitt's Wall Drawing #995


My new favorite photo of Alain


Sophie using binoculars to check out the view from our hotel window


An interesting light fixture at Basil

1 comment:

  1. You may take me to an art museum anytime! :-) What fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails