Friday, March 30, 2012

Soccer Love

I think the soccer love is more on my part than Sophie's. Or maybe not. She definitely loves it. My mom came to visit for two days and she was able to accompany us to soccer practice. Afterwards, she remarked that Sophie is the only girl who smiles throughout the entire practice. True. Every day when I pick her up from school, she also asks me when it's time to play soccer again. One of my new pleasures is going to practice and to games and watching her play. I love it. Most of my Mom friends love soccer practice because it's Dad's duty to take the kid(s) while they get quiet time alone at home. Um, no thanks ~ I wouldn't want to miss out on all of the fun.





I love looking at the photos.....Sophie in her uniform....well, the cuteness is unbearable! After a couple of weeks of play, it's apparent that Soph is a natural defensive player. She instinctively goes to the goal when the opposing team comes close to scoring. In the last game, she took part in blocking two shots. On occasion she's been frustrated that her teammates score more goals than she does but I'm trying to teach her that blocking the opposing team's goals is just as valuable. We all know that the offense typically gets all of the glory....but then I remind myself that my favorite player on the US team during the last World Cup was none other than Tim Howard. And I think that Sophie is my own little Tim Howard. May the soccer love continue....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails