Monday, March 19, 2012

Suburban Field Journal


This photo, for me, encapsulates a lot of what's wrong with the suburbs. I took it back on October 28, 2008. This topic has always been on my mind, you see. The road where I took this photo used to be very rural with farm land on both sides. Nowadays, it's stale and pure cookie cutter. No character to speak of. No farm land left. No romance. Full of McMansions. Always a ghost town during the day. Yet this one photo speaks a little of what used to be. And you can just imagine a sweet little country lane where someone used to wander.....

* Notice the byline under the subdivision name: "Your New Way of Life". Um, no thanks. Personally I'd prefer to live on Wandering Way Drive....the way it used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails